And so it is time for a last look at Winter Wonderland 2012, set in Hyde Park in the heart of London. The combination of sub zero temperatures and alcohol have taken their toll and my tired feet and aching back are on the verge of giving up. I tried to check into the Alpen Hotel but some cruel Teutonic trickster had turned it into a house of horrors, no sleep here then.
The ice rink was starting to get crowded and seemed to fast, I just could not focus clearly anymore (it may have been the drink).
The girls were horrified when I said it was time to go and there was time for just one last shot of the lights before we made our way home.
I hope you have enjoyed this series of posts, but above all I hope you have a great Christmas and Happy Holidays wherever you are.
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland (potencium.wordpress.com)
- Winter Wonderland Pt II (chrisdmrf.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 – Outdoor Ice Rinks In The UK (essentialtravel.co.uk)
- LondonLife – Winter Wonderland returns to Hyde Park… (exploringlondon.wordpress.com)
- Best winter ice rinks in London and New York (onefinestay.com)