Last autumn I was out for a walk on Wimbledon Common, I had the camera but things were not flowing. Still it was a nice day for a walk so I decided not to worry too much. Then as I was nearing the car I happened upon this would pile and an idea formed, I cropped in with a view to shooting an abstract and fired a couple of frames.
I never got around to processing the shots, when I looked at them in post I was not feeling that enthusiastic about the shots.
Last week two things happened; I downloaded the beta of Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Chris Lane set a challenge to a group of togs including me.
The latter made me realise I needed to brush up my Photoshop technique as it is usually limited to minor adjustments. My first run through post produced a pleasing image, however I wanted to make it more special. I applied the new Oil Paint filter in CS6 and tweaked the settings until I got a result I liked, I then added Tilt Shift Blur from the new blur gallery and again adjusted the strength and position of blur.